Weight: 100 lbs
Contents: 2 sumo suits, 2 helmets, 4 gloves, 13’ x 13’ round mat, rules list
Sumo Suit Rules and Instructions
- Find flat, preferably grassy area that is free of any sticks, sharp objects, rocks, standing water, drop-offs, or protruding objects. This area should measure approximately 25’ x 25’ as wrestlers may fall off of mat.
- Unroll mat.
- Place suits, gloves, and helmets on mat.
- Velcro strip should be on the back of the suit.
- All participants MUST REMOVE SHOES before stepping onto mat.
- Use suits only on the 12′ x 12′ safety mat.
- Make sure participants are the appropriate size and age for their suit. No unevenly matched users. ONLY Adults with Adults and Children with Children.
- All users must remove sharp objects; eyeglasses, watches, bracelets, necklaces, and earrings should be removed.
- Those under the influence of alcohol or drugs should not use the equipment.
- Keep all sharp objects, silly string, gum, candy, food, other sticky substance, water, and pets away from mat and suits.
- Participants MUST wear the helmets and gloves while playing.
- Have people available to help participants in and out of suits and have extra people stand outside mat to keep participants within the mat surface.
- Wrestlers must not begin until referee indicates that match has begun when both wrestlers are ready.
- Spectators should surround the mat and keep wrestlers from stumbling off of mat.
- Provide water for thirsty participants at a safe distance away from mat.
- Do not use a wet mat and do not set up mat close to standing water.
Determining the winner
Whoever steps outside the ring or touches the ground with anything but their feet loses in a “best of three” tournament.
- Belly Bumping (most effective method)
- Having Fun
- Laughing at your opponent